BB Discussion: Writing Proposals

Proposals will no longer be group projects. I have two options for you.

Option 1: Use the item from your Tech Description as the innovation that solves a problem. Your written Tech Description will serve as the basis for the Tech Description section of the proposal. You will need to figure out what problem your item solves. Remember that your problem and solution need to make sense in the real world. If, in your view, your item doesn’t naturally solve a problem, you may consider a new or different use for your item to solve a problem or propose an innovation to your item that would allow it to solve a problem.

Option 2: You may propose a different project or assignment altogether. Let your engineering imagination run wild. The project must have the same scope as option 1. Here are some examples: write an RFP, conduct an actual Lab or simulation and write a lab report, create a 15-30 min. education video on some engineering topic with scripts, props, etc.

To be honest, at first, I didn’t understand the phrasing of the discussion board. It took me a while to figure out what it means. So, I looked at what my peers have said to get an idea. After my back and forth conversation with the professor, I realized I had to consider a new usage of the product. This part of the assignment took the most thinking because I had to think like an engineer, be creative. In a way it was fun.